Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Gina Left Us Alone

Gina has left me alone for two weeks with Abe, Peter and Hanni.  It is for a good cause.  She flew to Mississippi to help Ellie have a baby.  Ellie's water broke a six days ago and Gina left three days ago.  Still no baby.

So far here are some new things I've done:

  • Made the bed for the first time in probably 20 years
  • Put on country music on the car radio.  Gina hates country music.
  • Made pesto pasta with chicken
  • Made beans and rice
  • Rode a bike to the store and library with Peter and Hanni
  • Rode a bike to the post office
  • Did clothes laundry (usually I only do rags and towels)
  • Made spaghetti with marinara sauce
This is just the beginning.  The list may seem pedestrian but there all new for me.

But most importantly, Abe and I started the bathroom remodel.  I may be 16 years late getting started but now is the perfect time with Gina gone for a couple weeks.
I'll be posting updates as the project progresses.

No comments:

Post a Comment