Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Seattle Trip - 24 hours of Moving Si and Elisabeth

Leaving for Seattle, early in the morning.
This past weekend we went up to Seattle to help Silas and Elisabeth move into their new home. Autumn, Abe, Peter and I left Eugene Friday morning arriving at the Seattle Snider’s doorstep at 1:00 PM.  We immediately set to work and I mean lifting, carrying and sliding.  The old place had two sets of narrow stairs to navigate, while the new place had only a single set of stairs.

It ended up taking us at least 5 trips in a rented U-Haul van and it was after 9 when we called it a night.  I can’t remember the last time I worked to exhaustion but Abe, Peter and I could not have picked up another box by the end of the night.

The next morning we were up early and out the door for the drive back to Eugene.  Peter needed to get back for a basketball game at 3:20.  We made with plenty of time to spare.  That evening we were ready to get to bed early!

Here is a picture of the front of the house.  I didn't take any more pictures because I’m certain Elisabeth will be posting pictures as soon as she has time.  We all think the new place is much better than the old.  There is plenty of outside room for Gideon and Zeke.  They will love this place.



3 comments:

  1. Now, that my friend is REAL love! The house looks so cute! And, it was worth the drive to get your mitts on those grandboys! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was worth all the driving to see the Gideon and Zeke (and Silas and Elisabeth). I see many more trips but hopefully longer visits in our future!

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete