Monday, December 10, 2012

Sunday

Sunday is a busy and fun day around our house. It starts with breakfast.  When the kids were young everyone ate breakfast but now it seems they want to sleep in to the last minute.  So usually it is just me, Hanni and Peter breaking bread (actually eggs).  But everyone seems to get up in time to make themselves presentable for church.

Here is Autumn helping Hanni with her hair.  I'm still getting my head wrapped around the idea that Hanni cares about the state of her hair.  I long for the days when I had to remind her to brush her hair before going out.


Please notice that Autumn's hair already looks fantastic and she hasn't done anything to it yet.  I can never convince her that she doesn't need to straighten her hair.  Why do young ladies with wavy hair want straight hair?  It doesn't make any sense...


After church we get together for a meal. 
Menu for today:

Dad's favorite pasta (recipe sometime later)
Grilled Brussels Sprouts
Baked Butternut Squash
Gina's Famous Cheesy Toast

There are a couple empty chairs but they will soon be filled by Nathan and Julie.


Now everyone has arrived.  I just noticed in this picture that Abe is texting, that is not allowed during the meal!  He will say the meal hasn't started yet so it is still ok. You almost need a law degree to raise a teenager.

Everyone is talking and enjoying themselves. The advent candles are lit and the meal is almost ready to start.


Hope you can join us sometime.

4 comments:

  1. Ooo, I'll join. I'll make sure to leave my cell phone in my purse. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Come on over any Sunday after church. Your family is always welcome! But you have to leave your phone at the door!

    ReplyDelete
  3. In Abie's defense, he was texting me ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I should have known you were involved! :)

    ReplyDelete