Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Two Things That Always Cheer Me Up - And Help Me Be A Better Husband

Today Gina and I exhanged these texts:


Scott - Decided I needed to get some excercise and walk around during lunch so I went to Home Depot.
Gina -  It is air conditioned ;)
Scott - Exactly, so glad you understand me.

Two things (and there are far more than two things) that always cheer me up.


First:



A room full of books. It can be in a home, library, or book store. It doesn't matter. A room with books makes me relax and enjoy life. The possibilities....





Second:

A hardware store is amazing for relaxation. Wandering the aisle seeing what is new and interesting. Some of you may scoff but wait --- Gina has benefited from my hardware store strolls.

I now understand the difference between shopping and hunting. I am sympathetic to her enjoyment of what seemd like endless hours of looking at shoes. I used to think every visit to a store was a failure or waste of time if we didn't purchase something. Otherwise why even bother going.  Gina would always shake her head at my inability to grasp the simple joy of shopping.  Slowly, ever so slowly I matured and now grasp this fundamental (and necessary) knowledge for a happy marriage.

No comments:

Post a Comment